Tuesday 27 April 2010

Final Cut



This is the final copy of the trailer, after we had our second lot of feedback we took on board what people had said, although we had a much more positive response, I decided that there was a couple of things missing.
I decided that I really wanted to put the titles onto the moving image, but previously I could not work out how to do it, so I went onto Google and searched 'how to put text onto image using adobe premiere elements 1.0' and found a page which showed in an easy way how to do it. http://www.adobe.com/tips/preelpseintegrate/pdfs/preelpseintegrate.pdf
Once I had worked that out, and found a good font which Tessa said should be a handwritten style font, as it would look like a diary entry or a letter or something, so we settled on a font called Rage Italic.
I then decided that I wanted to put some extra sounds onto the trailer, some dialogue, but not much. So me and Tessa borrowed a mp3 sound recorder off of one of our media teachers. We found a quiet spot in the school so that we we're not disturbed and recorded Tessa saying 'I never have and never will believe in ghosts', 'hello', 'is there anybody there' and also some heavy panting and a scream.
Once I had copied thes onto the computer, I used a programme called Audacity to mess around and see what I could do with the sounds.
                                                    
I then put these sounds into adobe premiere elements, and slotted them into my trailer. I was really happy with the over all effect, and Tessa agreed and was also really pleased that we had finally got the trailer the way we really wanted it.


1 comment:

  1. Loved the trailer! Moody atmospheric music, and a good choice of fonts. However, the handwritten text might have been a bit more effective in a slightly more erratic font, you can download some great free fonts here:

    http://www.dafont.com/
    http://www.1001freefonts.com/
    http://www.fonts.com/

    For example here is text in the font 'One Trick Tony':

    http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=onetricktony&page=1&nb_ppp_old=10&text=I+never+will+believe+in+ghosts&nb_ppp=10&psize=m&classt=alpha

    Some other things to think about are: the sound levels for your spoken passages (the first is a bit too loud); and I would drop both the 'climbing of the outside steps' sequences (not scary enough).

    I adore the empty swings shot at the end and the slightly 'phased' 'go into the loft' spoken link towards the end - a real winner!

    Very well done, I can't wait to see your next production!

    ReplyDelete